Saturday, April 20, 2019

~ Various Animals: Part 1 ~

A lot of wildlife here in Kansas, not to mention in the zoos, just animals all around. Which honestly could be stated about any state really. Some states have different animals than another state, some animals are the same or closely similar to those of another. Pretty cool really. Here are a few pictures I took of some animals.

A Starfish with spines sticking to the glass. It was at a zoo.

Saw a Doe crossing the road near the Pratt County State Fishing Lake.

More deer and I do not remember where I was in the country when I took this picture.

Seen these birds while driving from Pratt to Greensburg on the south side of HWY-54 on a dirt road.

Horses in a pasture.

The Bullfrog we swore was not real. Driving around Pratt near 10th Street which is near the Ninnescah River. Drove down the street and at first I saw this frog and wondered because I swore it was fake, like a toy. We got out and it moved. A person gathered it in something or their hat. Took the frog to Lemon Park and put the frog along the Ninnescah River. Or as the person would possibly put it, he faught as the frog karate kicked him to get in the water after not even wanting to get in the water. 

Catfish - Took this picture at the Wildlife & Park museum.

Turkeys

Baby turtle tail.

Garter Snake

Ring-Neck Snake

I think this is a Bullhead Snake

Weasal

Big Bull. Not sure if this one is the same size or smaller than the bull that I yelled at when I was 4-years old. I was 4 years old and was on top of a car with a clacker telling a bull that I was gonna whoop up on it. Yeah, I apparently thought I was pretty tough then. ^_^ The bull was in a field and it would not get me and I never tried to get near it. So no cause for alarm.

Mouse. A friend of mine had a mouse in the house, tried ways of catching it and one afternoon they heard something weird. Turned out the mouse fell into the tall trashcan and couldn't jump out or climb out. So she took the trash can outside and took dumped the mouse out away from their property. Before she did, I took this picture. I like mice, I think they are cute. BUT I do not like them in my house either or at a business especially a restuarant. Once when driving through the country, my muffler fell off my car. Went back and got it a day or so later, it was in the backseat behind me and was with my dad and another person. A mouse had climbed out of the muffler, up to the door, gone to the front by me and onto my dash before I got my car stopped and opened the door. The mouse got out of the car and the muffler was removed from the car just in case if there were more inside. When collecting aluminum cans from the country to sell during the winter time, tiny mice would be found in the cans. They were so cute. Considering how quick they move and how high they jump, plus diseases they are not that great. But ultimately, they are cute though I do not like them in my house. I have used Live Traps to catch them and release them elsewhere a long, long time ago.

An Eastern Hognosed Snake - So interesting thing about this snake. I found this snake crossing the road south of the cemetery here in Greensburg. I did not know at the time what kind of snake it was so I got out of the car and got some pictures of it. It then fanned out like a Cobra, startled me since I know Kansas does not have Cobras. I later found out it was hognose and several people did not know they could do this. So this shows you that I seriously pissed it off by taking pictures of it. I was within a couple of feet of the snake and outside of the car. Yup, I was in sandals... so I could have been bitten, luckily I was not. ^_^ It was awesome. I like snakes. Hard to for me to find one alive usually. One, I do not live in the country or tend to anything in the country that would increase my chances. Two, most of the time I find one and they are dead, too fast for me to get a picture, or simply do not have anything with me to take a picture of the snake with. I understand why people do not like them, but eh...I still like them. ^_^

When I took this picture of the cattle I thought instantly: Story Time. ^_^

Crane or a Heron, I always get the two mixed up.

These two pictures are of a Skink. A pretty slick and shiny lizard. Oh and definitely fast.

Roadrunner

Opossum - They walk funny. ^_^

Turtles sunbathing

Raven - I like Ravens/Crows, very cool birds.

This bird looked very cross with me, as if: "How dare you take my picture?" Or even better: "Slowly I turn, step by step, inch by inch..." ^_^